Tuesday 22 October 2013

Fall Sewing List



We're on the way home from our vacation. It was a wonderful time away and now I'm excited to go home and get back to work. I've had time to think about things I wanted to do. Since writing up a sewing list for summer worked so well for me, I thought I'd do one for this fall/winter.
 
~ one dress each for my two youngest daughters
 
~ an "anywhere" chair - a kind of portable high chair
 
~ numerous gifts for New Years. Let me explain. We don't celebrate Christmas, but we do exchange gifts at New Years. We try to do homemade as much as possible which means that just helping my children make gifts for each other is thirty-six gifts. I try to keep them simple, but also help them to expand their skills. Even my boys have a very rudimentary knowledge of how to use a sewing machine. We have a lot of fun making these gifts. Sometimes we do some kind of an edible treat. I try to do a mix skills.
 
~ felt popsicles - a busy bag idea
 
~ a wallet for myself
 
~ a different cover for my Kindle
 
~ pajama pants for my second son
 
~ a top for myself
 
~ car seat blanket
 
~ 2-3 skillet handle pot holder
 
~ floor pouf
 
~ bag to carry my mei tai in
 
~ slips for my two youngest daughters
 
~ some bread bags
 
I think I should quit. There are so many things I want to make, and this list only has things from my sewing board on Pinterest. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Do you have any DIY plans this fall?

3 comments:

  1. Lots but since today is my birthday I've decided to not think - just veg HAHAHA
    But Pierre gave me money for my birthday. He said to spend it on me - isn't buying fabric and me sewing - spending on me?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I would happily spend birthday money on fabric and sewing notions even if I wasn't sewing something for myself. Your using the money on your hobby which also just happens to clothe your children - win-win. :)

      Delete
    2. Which when I showed him my "buys" today - is exactly what HE said - Okay, it is your hobby :)
      And I can't wait to sew skirts and jumpers and things for the girls. I actually bought some jewellry and a few fall decor items, too for me :)

      Delete