Friday 22 November 2013

Sleep Deprivations and a Birthday

This has been a busy week with what seems like an abnormal amount of errands. As well, the baby has taken to nursing a lot at night which leaves me functioning on partial brain capacity during the day. I usually like to get up an hour before the children. The house is quiet and I can get so much done. However, when you're not getting much sleep it's kind of hard to convince your body to get up. The baby is really starting to take a lot of independent steps so I'm thinking that's why he's nursing more than he usually does.

I felt like I haven't made much forward progress on my to-do list, but at least my children ate 3 or maybe 6 or 7 times a day, they had clean clothes and a reasonably clean house. We also had a good week in school. My kindergartener is going forward with his reading which is always exciting to watch. My high school daughter is doing algebra this year - try explaining algebra when you have a sleep-deprived brain.

I made some more dishwasher tabs this week. Last time I made them they were too soft. The recipe said to let them cure for twenty-four hours. What I found though was that they needed about a week to get really hard so they would just pop out of the ice cube tray. This time around I made another batch long before I needed them. It's been a couple of days. I haven't checked them yet, but I'm sure they'll be fine. I love that they are made with truly non-toxic ingredients and they work. I'm working on a price comparison with commercial detergents. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

My fifth baby turned eight today. Honestly, where does the time go? Maybe someday I'll do a series on all my birth stories. Every birth is so unique. My fifth birth was my easiest. Seriously, if they were all like hers I'd be up for another few births. ☺ We have a neat thing in our family. We have three sets of cousins that share birthdays. One set even share the same year. My sisters and I could not have planned this if we tried. It is just really special and today is one of those shared birthday. My daughter's cousin is fourteen today.

then and...

now

Do you have any special shared birthdays in your family?



3 comments:

  1. Of course you know that our special birthday girl was also today - Emilie - so fun to have cousins sharing birthdays. It was a good week for me, too - with much accomplished here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any shared birthdays but I consider myself lucky as my girls birthdays all fall in the school holidays - so they hardly ever have to go to school on their special days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice for them. We have a tradition of the birthday boy/girl not having to do any chores on their day. And boy do they hold me to that. :)

      Delete