Friday 7 March 2014

Tent and Toy Box


It's been a great week. We had another birthday to celebrate. My toddler is now a three-year-old. We had so much fun with his birthday party. And speaking of parties, I realized as we were all singing to him our family is big enough that we make a party all by ourselves without outside help. ☺
 
Anyway, he wanted pizza and panda cake. My children love my homemade pizza. Actually, I just mix up the crust nowadays and they spread it in the pan and add all the toppings. I also made a "diet" pizza for myself. The crust is made with cauliflower, spices, cheese and eggs. It is baked before being topped. It's an AMAZING crust...homemade pizza at its finest. For the panda cake I found directions for turning cupcakes into a panda head. My ten-year-old daughter worked on this with me, and they were cute.
 
 
In my Pinterest wanderings, I came across directions for making an indoor tent. We decided this was a project our children could make for their little brother. The boys did the woodwork, and the girls did the seams - all two of them. It was a simple project and turned out beautifully. Our little boy was delighted.
 

He also received books and a Thomas the Tank Engine dvd. All in all a great birthday for a wonderful little boy.
 
Sewing - how I love it. I made a cover for our tiny living room toy box and gave a tutorial for it early this week. I was also able to get a little ahead in the kitchen. I made some breakfast bars which are great for a quick breakfast or snack.
 
Today we had sunshine AND warmer temperatures so I walked to the library with some of my children. It was so nice. Speaking of that walk - I picked up the prize for my next giveaway while I was out. Let's just say that I'm going to have a hard time letting this one go. I wish now I'd ordered an extra one for myself. I'll be announcing the details for that giveaway next week so stay tuned.
 
How was your week? Did your weather warm up enough to give you hope that spring may be on the way?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Julie Geoffrion7 March 2014 at 21:39

    Packing, packing and more packing but I accomplished all my goals for this week so I'm feeling good. I even managed to sew three baby blankets for our realtor's new baby coming in June. SO easy with my serger. I'm just feeling blessed that God gave me strength to do all this WHILE fighting a miserable head cold. God is good all the time! On to more packing next week. Of course my favorite time was skyping with the birthday boy yesterday - what a cutie!! He talks so much now! Love you Ethan xo Aunt Goo-gee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But just think of all the purging you're doing as well. :) Ethan loves his talks too.

      Delete