Monday 17 June 2013

Where Has The Time Gone?

stress

I can’t believe it’s Friday again already! This week has seemed to just fly by. We’ve been busy doing school, trying out new recipes, playing outside.

This week I’ve also been doing a big study of the “Trim Healthy Mama“. I’ve been hearing about this book for quite a while. I finally took the plunge and bought the pdf version. This is a system for losing weight but more than that it’s a lifestyle that will help your body to be healthy not just thin. The two – thin and healthy – are not always synonomous.

Boiled down to two sentences the eating plan is this – Every meal and snack needs some form of protein. Never include lots of carbs and lots of fat in the same meal or snack. There are lots of recipes clearly written out to help you plan your meals.

Maybe someday I’ll do an in-depth review of this book. It’s 650 pages of down-to-earth information and recipes. The book was written by two sisters. The things I appreciate are that they are both busy homeschooling mamas to several children, and they both are on budgets. Those two things assure me that this plan is doable for me.

Next week my husband and I plan to start eating the way they describe hence all my studying this week. I’m already excited about some of the recipes I’ve seen. The best part – this plan includes chocolate! I don’t think a plan that omitted chocolate would work for me.

I’ll give you updates from time to time about how we’re doing. My husband and I both hope to lose 30 pounds, and beyond that to just improve our health in general.

Now it’s your turn. What have you done this week to improve your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment