Tuesday 23 July 2013

I'm So Spoiled

This morning I was reflecting on how much my life has changed in the last twenty years. When I was in my mid-twenties and wanting so badly to be married, and my mom said, "You have no idea what your life will look like in another ten years" she was so right.
 
Ten years later I was married with several children. Twenty years later we're closing in on sixteen years of marriage, and we have eight children. Not only that my husband became a pastor one year after we married. Growing up in a pastor's home and in spite of seeing the troubles, I knew that if God allowed it I wanted to be a pastor's wife someday.
 
Seven years ago after my fifth baby (who was my third daughter) was born I called a friend to tell her the good news. She knew we had been praying for another daughter and said, "Jen, you are so spoiled." She's right. God has given me all the dreams I dreamed as a girl growing up...
 
  • a godly husband who is also a pastor; he's also a wonderful, loving husband and father
  • the opportunity to experience pregnancy, labour, birth and breastfeeding - not once but EIGHT times
  • living close to my parents so my children can have a close relationship with them
  • the experience of living in the country for 3 1/2 years - maybe someday I'll get that one again
  • being able to homeschool my children
 
These are just my big blessings. God blesses me in innumerable small ways every day. This song pretty much says it all for what I'm feeling right now...
 
God's been good to give us so many blessings - undeserving that's what we are
We ought to thank Him, love and praise Him - a little bit more today, a whole lot more tomorrow.
 
Today I tried all day to find time to write this all out. I wish it could have been done sooner, but the reasons why it didn't happen - they're all good with beautiful faces.
 
 
 
 
How has God blessed you?
 
I'm linking to "Gratituesday" at HeavenlyHomemakers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment