Friday 19 July 2013

Reading and Feeding


This has been an incredibly hot week. Thankfully it rained tonight and things have started to cool down. The noise and busyness of having the children inside all week was starting to get to me this morning. I was so thankful that I had a phonics lesson with my five-year-old son to work on. After a few weeks of truly concentrated time from Mommy he has really taken off with the alphabet - to the point where next week we're going to move on from the alphabet to putting sounds together for three letter words. I know he's going to be so excited. I'm excited for him. Although not my favourite thing to do, it is incredibly rewarding to teach your child to read.
 
My squash has started to take over my garden. I'm going to look for a way to tame it a little. :) Everything else is growing well too. It is fun to watch. Soon we'll be eating beans from our own garden.
 
On Wednesday evening I went to our local La Leche League meeting. If you don't know this is a breastfeeding support group. I was telling them that my baby has enthusiastically started to eat everything I will put in his mouth. I've never had one this young (six months) who wants to eat everything I do. I was so happy to hear that according to new research I can feed it what I/he like, particularly as our family has no food allergies. I have yet to offer a food to Jonah that he refuses. He especially loves the hot brown rice cereal that we sometimes make for a bedtime snack for the family. For $2 I can have a healthy snack for our entire family and now Jonah is sharing this love.

right after trying his first solids - not sure but he came back for more


How was your week? Hot or otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment