Friday 6 September 2013

Learning and Hiking


It's been a great back-to-school week - I think our best ever. We've started a new routine and new chore chart. I don't know if that accounts for how well everything has gone, but it's been good.
 
We also had our first (of what we hope is many) hikes in the Rouge River Valley. We left the house at seven this morning and drove to the entrance. We were on the trail by 7:15. It was a bit chilly but the exercise quickly warmed us up. I used the new mai tei wrap I made for myself and it was great. My oldest daughter even ended up trying it with our toddler for the last ten minutes of our hike. It worked great for them too. Half way through we had breakfast - muffins, cheese and hard boiled eggs. It was great. We hope to make this a weekly event. I love walking/hiking and so does my husband.

The baby wouldn't co-operate and look at the camera.

These two have a special bond.
We have a lego party planned tomorrow for some family friends and four of their five boys. I may do a post about that. Ever since my sister gave our two oldest sons an old Lego set last year our life has never been the same. Any parent of children with Legos knows exactly what I'm talking about.
 
My oldest child turned fifteen years old this week. All I can say is - How did that happen? It doesn't seem that long ago that I was holding her in my arms and crying while she nursed because I was so happy to finally be a mommy.

I hope your back-to-school week went well. Do you like to walk or hike?

No comments:

Post a Comment