Friday 15 November 2013

From Walking to Wreaths

 

This has been a fairly productive week not just for me but for the baby too. He's started to take a few independent steps here and there. It's so hard to believe that a year ago we were afraid he would be premature, and now he's twenty-six pounds and getting ready to take off with his walking.



I made a top for myself this week. I bought the fabric at least a year ago. I used this pattern for a nursing top only without the openings. I don't always find nursing tops as convenient as plain tops to use when feeding my babies.  I did the hem on the bottom and sleeves with a lettuce edge, and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. A word about the pattern I used. About twelve years ago I bought several patterns for nursing tops and dresses from www.elizabethlee.com. These patterns are wonderful. They are very simple. Even if you had never sewed or were a beginner you would find these patterns totally doable.



I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking this week. I'm now caught up to January of this year. Sometimes I feel like I will never catch up, but I keep working away at it. This is a hobby I really enjoy. I can work on it at our dining room table and watch a movie with the children at the same time. It's so exciting to see the photos come alive with the cropping, embellishments and journaling.

Today I worked on two Pinterest projects that I've wanted to do for a while. The first was some shaving cream. I used it and it was different. First of all, it doesn't lather like commercial shaving cream. It's made from oils so it puts a layer of oil between your skin and the razor. It was a good shave. Now I want to get my husband to use it and give his opinion. The recipe can be found here.

I like wreaths. My goal is to have one for every season/holiday. So far I have three: One is for Canada Day; one is for summer; and one is for Thanksgiving. Now I'm in the process of making one that I can hang up whenever we have a birthday here which, of course, happens on a fairly regular basis. This birthday wreath is a wreath covered in balloons. It's going well, but I need to buy a couple more packages of balloons, and I need to do it soon - we have a birthday next week. ☺








 So how was your week? Were you able to accomplish any goals?



4 comments:

  1. It's a good thing that boy is starting to walk! Now your back can get a break! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I'm going to the chiropractor this coming week because my back hurts from Jonah. :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of great things to read about today! I love wreaths to and have lots of different ones I've done in paper & fabrics on my blog too :) Scrapbooking is my hobby too especially as my business is all card, paper & embleiishments - bit think it's safe to say scrapbookers never really catch up ;) have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about never catching up because my mom thought she was and then she just found a box of old photos. :) I'm going to go over to your blog to look for some wreath ideas.

      Delete