Thursday 5 December 2013

Toddler Fun - Books

This just wouldn't be a blog about our family if we didn't bring books into the posts. We have books everywhere in our house and that is not an exaggeration. One thing about my toddler - I think I mentioned this already - he doesn't particularly like toys but he LOVES books. Most of the books he knows are well-known classics, but I thought I would go through a list of his favourites. Maybe you've forgotten some of these and this list will jog your memory to get these out with your little one. Some of them are out of print so you have to watch for them at yard sales and thrift stores.

Here they are in no particular order:
  • Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Peter Rabbit
  • Ladybird books
  • Dr. Seuss
  • Jim Arnosky - author with gorgeous picture books that he illustrates 
  • Eric Carle
  • Lois Lenski - Amazon carries these classics. If you've never read any of Lois Lenski's books, check them out. My toddler loves her "Small" series.
  • Teddy Bear's Fun to Learn - This is my little guy's all-time favourite...the one he asks for without fail. My husband has read this to all of our toddlers. We are on our fourth copy.
 
  • Richard Scary
  • Virginia Lee Burton
 
  • Curious George
I cannot leave this post without talking about photo books. I used to get mine printed through Creative Memories. I haven't had a book printed since they reorganized their company, but I have three almost ready to go. My children LOVE photo books. They are the story of their life. I know as moms we are all really busy, but I see this as part of my job as their mom to preserve their history. So I paper scrapbook and do digital scrapbooking.  It really doesn't take long to put a photo book together. I would encourage you to find a programme you are comfortable with and make it a goal to make at least one photo book over the next year.


Don't forget to check out our giveaway.

Toddler Fun Posts:


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get into scrapbooking. I might have to give it a whirl. Looks so cute to see the boys reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try digital scrapbooking. There's no mess (a big plus), the pictures are already on your computer, it's easy, books go together quickly, you will never regret it, your kids will think you are the best mom ever. Do you think I enjoy it? :)

      Delete