Wednesday 1 January 2014

A Good New Year 2014

We had a wonderful day together as a family. We exchange gifts at New Years and not Christmas so the excitement was pretty high around here while we were waiting for Grandpa and Grandma to get here. We make a lot of our gifts so December is a very busy time for us making things. My middle daughter and I really nailed the gift we made for my oldest daughter - a French cockade. She is a HUGE Les Mis fan so she loved this gift. My daughters also made a fishing game for our toddler that he is really enjoying. It's so much fun to see things you made being used and loved.



I've been thinking a lot about what I would like to accomplish in 2014. I would like to really get sourdough baking learned. I've played around with it, but I want to thoroughly learn it this year. I would also like to learn how to use herbs and essential oils for our family's health. I would like to use my dehydrator more. I have an Excalibur and really enjoy using it whenever I get it out.

I'm also thinking of topics I'd like to cover here on the blog. I'm coming up to a year on the blog and have enjoyed doing it. I still feel like a newbie. I enjoy reading the comments especially if something I have written has been a help or encouragement to someone.

So is there anything you would like to see me talk about? What are your goals for this year?



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. My new year is starting with a bunch of sewing for a growing 5 (soon to be 6) year old. My next goal will be gifts for all the extended family which will be a good 80% made - you MIGHT see them before summer :) HAHAHA.
    Looking forward already to Monday and getting back into the NORMAL routine of school, etc! Vacations are nice but I love routine!
    I'd LOVE to make sourdough, too - but I think I'm giving up on breads 'til we live in a lower altitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Routine is good. We'll look forward to those gifts - whenever. :)

    ReplyDelete