Friday 28 March 2014

Cupcakes and a Camera


This has been an uneventful, quiet week. We all need weeks like that, right? So there's not much to tell you about.
 
I will say that last Sunday we needed to take some cupcakes to church, and my ten-year-old daughter did them about 98% by herself! She's becoming quite the baker. She chose a chocolate cake recipe and baked it as cupcakes. Then I helped her with proportions for making peanut butter frosting, and she mixed it up to the right texture - it's really something you have to get a feel for, and she's doing great in that department. Then she frosted the cupcakes. She used a large star tip and went around the tops in a spiral. They looked great. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures. They tasted wonderful too. It's wonderful to watch your children grow and develop talents.
 
I've been working on planning a week of posts all about breakfast so watch for that coming in about a month. I'll have a guest post, a poll and a giveaway as well.
 
We have a wedding coming up in our church in May. I'm planning a bridal shower and have come up with a unique idea for what we are going to do - no clichéd, embarrassing games. The bride is very ladylike and I want the shower to reflect that. I'll take pictures and let you see how it turns out.

I've also been working on lining someone up to do a series on dressing modestly on a budget and stylishly. What do you think? Something you would be interested in?
 
My husband bought me a new camera. He loves a deal, and has waited years for a deal on this camera. So when it came up he was at the store bright and early. Good thing because there was only one camera plus the floor model, and another women there to buy a camera as well. It was a spectacular sale. Anyway, I've been having fun learning how to use. Of course, I have beautiful subjects.
 
pleased with himself for getting the forbidden cream cheese

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment