Monday 21 April 2014

Take Five

As mothers we don't often get a break. We certainly don't have any scheduled breaks, and all of us our "guilty" of taking an extra two, five or even ten minutes in the washroom. We just need some time to ourselves.
 
Thanks to my oldest daughter, I recently discovered a great way to spend five minutes taking a break. There is a YouTube channel called "Pemberly Digital". They are taking the story of Emma by Jane Austen and retelling it in a modern setting. Twice a week they put out a new segment, and guess what? These segments average five minutes each.
 
There are 44 segments at this point. So far, I've watched through episode 20. I usually watch two or three while I'm nursing the baby to sleep for his nap. I find it fascinating to see how they manage the plot in a modern setting.
 
I do need to warn you that there is the occasional swearing and some immodest clothing. If you don't mind that though, it's a fun way to take a break for five minutes.

So take a break, regroup, then go back and give your babies the best you can. And, yes, even when they are fifteen, thirteen, twelve, ten, eight and six they are still my babies even though they don't like to be told that. I find a break always helps me to be able to get back to my responsibilities. Well, that and prayer. ~smile~
 
 

 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love Emma. And Austen. I'll check it out and see if it's something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete