Thursday 15 May 2014

An Easy Tip for Diaper Rash

I've been trying to learn how to use essential oils to help keep our family healthy. Little by little I'm learning more about these amazing oils.
 
In a recent bout of the flu our baby ended up with a bad diaper rash. Normally when he gets a little pink I slather on some coconut oil or jojoba oil and it all clears up by the next change. This time though he had diarrhea and things just went from bad to worse. The coconut oil and jojoba oil weren't working. I convinced him to take a nap without a diaper on one day. He wasn't crazy about it, but sleepiness finally won out. That helped but not enough. I was getting desperate enough to go buy something from the pharmacy. I just felt so bad for his pain and discomfort.
 
Finally (don't forget I had the flu all this time as well and wasn't functioning on a full brain) I looked up in my essential oils book what I should try. One of the first oils they suggested was lavender. Let me just say that lavender seems to cover a multitude of needs.
 
Lavender can be applied neat which means directly on the skin with no dilution, but since I was using it for a baby I decided to be safe and first melt about a half a teaspoon of coconut oil in my palm. Coconut oil melts very quickly at body temperature. Then I added one or two drops of lavender and covered my baby's bum in it.
 
By the next diaper change the rash had cleared up by 50%. I am not exaggerating. I did another application and we were home free. And I was back to my happy, smiley, dimpley baby.
 
 
 
So, this may or may not work for you. I am not an expert, but if you're desperate this may work.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment