Saturday 10 May 2014

Breakfast Time - Eggs

 
We're down to the end of our week about "Breakfast Time". I've enjoyed doing this series. My family has enjoyed having some variety in their breakfasts so I could take pictures of different breakfasts.
 
So now we come to eggs. Eggs are a perfect breakfast food. They can be fast to prepare and are full of nutrients. As well, there are multiple ways to prepare them so everyone is sure to enjoy them in some form. You can have them for breakfast, lunch, supper or a snack. Our family eats between twelve and fifteen dozen eggs every week!
 
When I was a little girl I didn't much like eggs. Scrambled eggs especially made me feel nauseous. However, when my husband first made scrambled eggs for me I found a new favourite food. I don't know how, but my husband makes delicious scrambled eggs. Well, I kind of know how because now I can make scrambled eggs that I enjoy. BUT when my husband makes them they are about ten times better. ☺
 
So how can you make eggs?
  • fried
  • boiled
  • baked in muffin cups with add-ins
  • scrambled
  • poached (Eggs poached in tomato sauce with toast or a bagel to dip is really good.)
  • pickled.
  • as a quiche
You can add meat, cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, really any veggie you like to them. They go nicely on toast, an English muffin, a bagel, with a biscuit, in a tortilla. You can add them to sandwiches and salads.

Check out my "Food - Breakfast" board on Pinterest for recipes and ideas including how to freeze eggs.

What is your favourite way to eat eggs?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Julie Geoffrion10 May 2014 at 21:41

    Eggs are not my favorite either but Pierre will eat an egg sandwich every morning for breakfast and never tire of it - thankfully, it is super quick to make them :).
    Tim has taken to liking them, too - so now I have more to make ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least making two is almost as easy as making one. Making one is definitely harder than making none. :) Just sayin' :)

      Delete