Wednesday 11 December 2013

Faux French Braid

Since our topsy tail arrived we've been experimenting with different hair styles. Today we did something that's similar to a French braid. If you can't do a French braid you can surely do this. ☺

I started with a small ponytail at the side of my daughter's head...

which I then did a pull-through in using the topsy tail tool.
I made another ponytail gathering in the hair from the first one and pulled it through.

I continued doing this step until I had gone all the way around her head.





For playing you could totally leave it like that, or if you wanted to be a little fancier you could add something. We added some tiny clips that we like to scatter through our French braids when we want to fancy them up. You could also add a big bow or flower at the last elastic.





So, is this something you could do for a faux French braid?



8 comments:

  1. Can we do it without a topsy turvy tail? Although I might look for one....such a pretty hair-do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can. I just think the topsy tail makes it look more interesting. The tool is super cheap on Amazon.

      Delete
  2. Cute hair do and simple instructions. I love french braids (even though I can create the real deal).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love french braids too and use them a lot.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty - love the mini-clips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee. My two youngest girls are very girly-girl and love stuff like that in their hair.

      Delete
  4. I had a topsy tail years ago and regret that I lost it. I didn't know that they were still available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very inexpensive on amazon.ca

    ReplyDelete